Job Title: School Examination Invigilator
Salary: L2 Grade – £8.90 per hour
Contract Type: Casual
Lea Manor High School are seeking School Examination Invigilators who is able to use their own initiative and will have the prime responsibility for the smooth and effective conduct of examinations. The ideal candidate will be flexible, resourceful and responsive to the needs of the school during examination periods. If you are the ideal candidate then please apply.
The successful candidate needs:
- Administration of the examination process
- Safeguard and maintain the Health & Safety of pupils in the examination rooms
- Complete attendance registers and/or seating plans
- Able to check information and maintain accurate records.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Applicants for this public-facing post will need to demonstrate the ability to converse, and provide effective help or advice, fluently in spoken English
We can offer you
- Supportive staff team
- Enthusiastic pupils who want to learn
- Employee benefit scheme (Perkbox)
- Excellent Staff Room facilities
- Discounted membership access to on-site recreation centre, sports equipment and facilities including a swimming pool and gym
- Employee advice, information and counselling service – AXA Be Supported
In order to create super learners equipped with the qualifications, knowledge, and skills to make lifelong choices we are committed to developing the following key skills: Resilience, Responsibility, Rationality, Reflection and Resourcefulness (5Rs). We are uncompromising in our belief that there are ‘no shortcuts to success’ and are dedicated to ensuring the academic, social and emotional progress of all our pupils.
In order to support pupils achieving the 5Rs, Lea Manor High School staff plan and prepare lessons that encourage and support independence. We consistently monitor and track pupils’ progress in line with curriculum expectations supporting them in becoming lifelong learners. Our passion for learning means we bring our subject to life beyond the classroom. We provide pupils with innovative intervention programmes that enrich their knowledge and serve to broaden horizons.
At our school every child matters to us, we ensure that our additional learning programmes provide pupils with the support to achieve in line with their peers. Sometimes families experience difficulties and we work with pupils alongside parent/carers, as well as, outside agencies to ensure pupils are kept on track to achieve great outcomes.
We are fortunate to have a fantastic building that provides a superb learning environment. The school is a richly diverse community and this is something that we celebrate. Learning spaces have been carefully designed to provide optimum conditions for learning and the allocation of ICT facilities to teaching rooms is very generous. Our community facilities, which include a library and a theatre, have been developed with our mission ‘no shortcuts to success’.
Lea Manor High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).